The Royal Mint Tower of London 'Ceremony of the Keys' UK £5 Silver Proof coin
The last coin in The Tower of London coin series from the Royal Mint. The coin marks The Ceremony of the Keys, a daily ritual that is carried out at night to secure the Tower of London.
A stunning £5.00 UK sterling coin, struck to silver proof standard. The coin comes in a presentation case and includes an information booklet about the ceremony.
Promotional codes do not work on this product, there will be no discount applied.
- Features a special Tower of London mint mark, which signifies the close relationship between the Tower and The Royal Mint.
- All four corners of the tower are featured in the series, when placed together they complete the blueprint of the fortress.
The Ceremony of the Keys is a daily ritual at The Tower of London which has taken place since the reign of Edward III in 1340. The King was able to simply walk into the Tower one night which prompted the practice of the securing the fortress with lock and key from that day forth.
The edge of the coin bears the inscription 'on into twilight with these walls of stone'. The main design features a set of keys and a lantern, which are both carried by the Chief Yeoman Warder as they perform their duty during the ceremony.
- Limited edition coin, struck to .925 silver.
- Additional coins mark the Legend of the Ravens , The Crown Jewels and The Yeoman Warders.
All orders are processed immediately and are despatched on clearance of payment - within 3-5 days, depending on the time of receipt and if the products are in stock. If a product is no longer available or out of stock, you will be contacted by phone or email as soon as possible and provided with a new delivery date, if applicable.
Standard shipping charges
Postage and packing is based on geographical areas:
US & Canada: £25.00
Rest of the World: From £35.00 *
Some countries charge import duties and taxes. You are considered the importer of goods and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country of your order.
Official palace guidebooks, up to a maximum of 3 in a basket, are delivered to a UK address free of charge. If any other products, or additional guidebooks, are added to the basket, the delivery charges will apply as shown above.
* Exceptional delivery charges - We reserve the right to vary our standard shipping charges on items which are unusually high in weight, volume or value. We will contact customers to advise on any additional charges prior to shipping.
For more information, please check our delivery information page.