Kings and Queens (Collins Gem)
This copiously illustrated Collins Gem guide to the monarchs of the British Isles and Ireland is a fantastic reference covering pre-Saxon times to the present, complete with concise genealogical charts and details of key historical events.
This comprehensive history book is divided into five sections, with a useful compendium at the end:
- Part One: Pre-Saxon rule, ancient British chiefs, Roman rulers and the Roman Conquest
- Part Two: Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Robert I and the Wars of Independence, The Union of the Crowns, the Princes of Wales and the High Kingship of Ireland
- Part Three: Saxons, Normans and Plantagenets
- Part Four: Tudors and Stuarts
- Part Five: In-depth discussion of the royal houses, from Hanover to Windsor
- Overview of each reign outlining major events and personal tragedies, war, celebrations and conspiracies Discover all the essential information about Kings and Queens with details of birth, parents, accession to the throne, coronation, authority, personal status, death date and burial place for each monarch.
- Authors: Neal Grant and Alison Plowden
- 256 pages
- Publisher: Harper Collins
All orders are processed immediately and are despatched on clearance of payment - within 3-5 days, depending on the time of receipt and if the products are in stock. If a product is no longer available or out of stock, you will be contacted by phone or email as soon as possible and provided with a new delivery date, if applicable.
Standard shipping charges
Postage and packing is based on geographical areas:
US & Canada: £25.00
Rest of the World: From £35.00 *
Some countries charge import duties and taxes. You are considered the importer of goods and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country of your order.
Official palace guidebooks, up to a maximum of 3 in a basket, are delivered to a UK address free of charge. If any other products, or additional guidebooks, are added to the basket, the delivery charges will apply as shown above.
* Exceptional delivery charges - We reserve the right to vary our standard shipping charges on items which are unusually high in weight, volume or value. We will contact customers to advise on any additional charges prior to shipping.
For more information, please check our delivery information page.