Tower of London one pint leather Tudor tankard
Our replica Tudor tankard is modelled on leather tankards recovered from the Mary Rose, Henry VIII's lost warship, with a wide base and tapered shape for stability at sea.
This high quality hand-stitched tankard is crafted from heavy saddle leather and lined with waterproof brewers pitch.
Discover more tankards in our traditional drinkware collection
- Tankard volume: 1 pint
- Tankard size: 15cm tall approx (6 inches)
- Stamped Tudor rose design and 'Tower of London' base stamp
- Ideal 3rd anniversary gift for history lovers and perfect for reenactments
- Made in England
Use of Tudor leather tankards and jacks
All levels of society from alehouses to baronial high tables and abbey cloister used leather tankards and jacks. The only use forbidden by mid 16th century special ruling was the holding of the Sacrament at High Mass.
Care of your leather tankard
- Wash by swilling out with clear cold water and clean the outside with a wet cloth. Do not immerse.
- Use ONLY FOR COLD drinks.
- Do not use a leather tankard for cola or neat spirits.
- Do not attempt to squeeze a leather vessel
- Treat as though made of glass
All orders are processed immediately and are despatched on clearance of payment - within 3-5 days, depending on the time of receipt and if the products are in stock. If a product is no longer available or out of stock, you will be contacted by phone or email as soon as possible and provided with a new delivery date, if applicable.
Standard shipping charges
Postage and packing is based on geographical areas:
US & Canada: £25.00
Rest of the World: From £35.00 *
Some countries charge import duties and taxes. You are considered the importer of goods and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country of your order.
Official palace guidebooks, up to a maximum of 3 in a basket, are delivered to a UK address free of charge. If any other products, or additional guidebooks, are added to the basket, the delivery charges will apply as shown above.
* Exceptional delivery charges - We reserve the right to vary our standard shipping charges on items which are unusually high in weight, volume or value. We will contact customers to advise on any additional charges prior to shipping.
For more information, please check our delivery information page.