**Royal Mint Remembrance Day 2017 brilliant uncirculated UK £5 poppy commemorative coin
The Royal Mint Remembrance Day 2017 brilliant uncirculated poppy commemorative coin is the first official coin minted by the Royal Mint to commemorate Armistice Day. The design, by Stephen Taylor, features red Flanders poppies, the longstanding symbol of remembrance and the inscription "Silence Speaks When Words Can Not".
- Official commemorative British £5 coin
- Brilliant uncirculated
- Presented in a full colour presentation wallet
- Coloured £5 coin design
Commemorating Remembrance Day 2017
2017 marks the 100th anniversary of several prominent First World War Battles including Messines, Passchendaele and the Third Battle of Ypres. Since the end of the First World War, a minute silence has been observed on the 11th November at 11 minutes past 11 o'clock to remember those who have fallen in service. Red poppies are worn as a sign of remembrance, symbolising the poppies which grew on the battlefields in Flanders.
Royal Mint commemorative poppies coin 2017
While commemorative coins have been produced by the Alderney mint in conjunction with the Royal Mint in previous years, for this anniversary, the Royal Mint have exclusively minted this commemorative coin which features the inscription, "Silence Speaks When Words Can Not".
- Each coin is finished to brilliant uncirculated standard
- Presented in a fold-out full colour presentation wallet
- Featuring red poppies, brought to life by colour printing, usually only used on silver proof coins
- Reverse coin designer: Stephen Taylor
- Obverse coin designer: Jody Clark
All orders are processed immediately and are despatched on clearance of payment - within 3-5 days, depending on the time of receipt and if the products are in stock. If a product is no longer available or out of stock, you will be contacted by phone or email as soon as possible and provided with a new delivery date, if applicable.
Standard shipping charges
Postage and packing is based on geographical areas:
US & Canada: £25.00
Rest of the World: From £35.00 *
Some countries charge import duties and taxes. You are considered the importer of goods and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country of your order.
Official palace guidebooks, up to a maximum of 3 in a basket, are delivered to a UK address free of charge. If any other products, or additional guidebooks, are added to the basket, the delivery charges will apply as shown above.
* Exceptional delivery charges - We reserve the right to vary our standard shipping charges on items which are unusually high in weight, volume or value. We will contact customers to advise on any additional charges prior to shipping.
For more information, please check our delivery information page.