Terms and conditions for competitions and giveaways
Competition to win a goody bag containing Tower of London souvenirs, advertised on the shop site and social media 05-17 December 2023
1. This competition is being run by Historic Royal Palaces (@historicroyalpalaceshop).
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except employees of Historic Royal Palaces, their close relatives, and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
The competition starts on 05 December 2023 at 13:00 GMT and finishes on 17 December 2023 at 23:59 GMT.
The prize is a goody bag containing Tower of London souvenirs of the total retail value of £102.94.
To enter the draw, it is necessary within this time to:
- subscribe to the shop’s newsletter: historicroyalpalaces.com/newsletter-signup
- follow the shop’s Instagram account: instagram.com/historicroyalpalacesshop/
- and comment on the Instagram post announcing the competition https://www.instagram.com/WinATowerOfLondonGoodyBag with a reply to the question: 'What would be your perfect souvenir from Kensington Palace?'
Persons who are already subscribed to the shop’s newsletter and follow the shop’s Instagram account will be included in the draw if they comment on the Instagram post announcing the competition with a response to the above question.
5. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple responses from the same person will be disqualified.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for sign-ups not received or received late, for whatever reason.
7. Historic Royal Palaces’ decision in respect of choosing the winner and of all other matters regarding this competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Historic Royal Palaces reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
9. Historic Royal Palaces is not responsible for inaccurate competition or prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party who promotes the competition.
11. Historic Royal Palaces is never going to ask you to make a purchase or disclose your card details in relation to this competition.
12. Three winners will be selected by a draw from the persons who commented on the Instagram post. The winner will be contacted by a direct message on Instagram on 18 December 2023 to confirm the email address with which they subscribed to the newsletter. Further arrangements will be made by email. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize by the end of 24 December 2023, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from them and pick a new winner.
13. The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in social media material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner, or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
16. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.