Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Ltd is the trading arm of the charity, and all profits from retail sales are gift-aided to the charity to enable us to continue to conserve these fabulous palaces for future generations.
Information we may collect from you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website, purchasing products or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our mailing list, place an order on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you may give us may include your name, email address, postal address and telephone number and financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
A: Information you give to us:
1. When using an online form
- We ask for your details so we can respond in an appropriate way, for example when enquiring about a venue for hire.
- If you have given your consent, you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have expressed an interest in or that might be of interest to you. If you wish us to stop contacting you please email email@example.com.
2. When signing up for e-mail updates
- We ask for your details so we can add you to our email database and send you updates you’ve requested. This information will not be given to any third party, except to the extent and for the purpose we may be required to do so by any law. If you wish us to stop contacting you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. When purchasing a ticket or other product online
- We collect various personal details about you when you purchase products from our site, including name, home address, billing address, telephone number, email etc. We use the information to process orders and to provide a more personalised service. Collecting these details allows our system to create a customer account for you in order that we can sell you products.
- Having a record of your personal details also allows us to identify you if we need to contact you regarding your order or if you need to contact us to change your order.
- The information we collect will not be given to any third party, except to the extent and for the purpose we may be required to do so by any law.
- We will only use the information you provide to process your order. You will also hear from us if you sign up to receive email newsletters with news, new products, offers and information on the palaces. This will only come from Historic Royal Palaces or HRPE, and only if you have indicated that you wish to receive these emails. This can be managed by accessing your account as can amending your personal information.
B: Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with HRPE Ltd.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
Suppliers, sub-contractors and business partners for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or them.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If HRPE Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Cookies are tiny text files that are stored on your browser if you agree. Most cookies contain a unique identifier called a cookie ID: a string of characters that websites and servers associate with the browser on which the cookie is stored. This allows us to distinguish your browser from other browsers, to recognize your browser by its unique cookie ID and to store information about your preferences on a particular website. This information may remain on your computer after your internet session finishes and you leave the website, but you can delete them using some browsers, manually or using system utilities. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies.
The cookies we use on this website include:
Session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site; and
Persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
1. Web analytics cookies
We use Google Analytics and Comscore (Nedstat) cookies on this website to collect information about how our visitors use and navigate this website so that we can continually work to add new features and improve your experience of it.
The cookies collect information such as the number of visitors to the site, which pages they visited and whereabouts they came to the site from. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
2. Personalised advertising
We use DoubleClick cookies to improve our advertising - for example, to improve reporting on advertising campaign performance, to avoid showing ads the user has already seen, or to enable us to display advertising that is more relevant to users.
DoubleClick cookies contain no personally identifiable information.
3. Third-party cookies
During your visits to this website you may be delivered cookies by third-party websites. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We have no control the dissemination over these cookies. You should check the third-party websites for more information about these.
4. Technical cookies
We use CFID and CFTOKEN on our ticketing pages to support the user session during the ticket purchase process.
How to manage cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
You may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to modify the cookie settings on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone or tablet you will need to refer to your device manual.
If you'd like to opt out of advertising cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website http://www.networkadvertising.org/ (opens in a new window - please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites).
Your acceptance of these terms
You have a legal right to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to request that we cease to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Please contact us with any questions, concerns or comments you have about these policies in any of the following ways:
Write to us at:
Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Limited
Hampton Court Palace
Surrey KT8 9AU
Telephone: +44 (0)20 3166 6848
(9.00 – 17.00 GMT Monday to Friday, except UK Bank Holidays. An answer phone operates at all other times)