Terms and conditions for online sales [HRP Enterprises Ltd only]
What these terms cover
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
Why you should read them
Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms please contact us to discuss. You must be over the age of 18 to buy alcohol and/or knives.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
Information about us and how to contact us
Who we are
We are Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Limited (HRPE). We are a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 3418583. Our registered VAT number is 710 9813 45. Our registered and trading office address is Apartment 28, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU, England.
How to contact us
In writing to us at our email address [email protected] or by post to Apartment 28, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU, England.
How we may contact you
If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
"Writing" includes emails When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails
The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your device, we cannot guarantee that your device's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery. Your product may vary slightly from the images on our website. All sizes and measurements are approximate.
Products are subject to availability. As there is a delay between the time when the order is placed and the time when the order is accepted, the stock position relating to particular items may change. If an item you have ordered becomes out of stock before we accept your order, we shall notify you as soon as possible. The products purchased on this website are for private and domestic use only and are not for re-sale.
Your contract with us
How we will accept your order
We will treat any order placed by you as an offer to purchase products from us, and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. When you place an order we will email you an acknowledgement of your order together with an order number. This is not an acceptance by us of your offer to purchase.
Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
Most products will be charged at the time of dispatch however any products with an advisory note of advance payment, including bespoke and made to order products, will be charged in advance of dispatch. This does not affect your right to end your contract with us.
All dispatched orders will receive a confirmation of shipping/tracking number. Any discounts triggered by the entry of a promotional code will be shown on the payment page and applied when the order is accepted.
Rejection of orders
If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be:
- because the product is out of stock
- because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for
- because we have been unable to obtain authorisation of payment;
- because we have identified an error within the product information including price or promotion;
- because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline specified by you; or
- the order requires shipment to a war-torn or unstable country or area.
Your right to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible, we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, and we have already charged you for the product you may receive a full refund up to 28 days after you have placed your order.
Price and payment
The price of the product will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We will take reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However, please see below for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
Prices are inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT). VAT is deducted on the products where the delivery address is outside the EU, in accordance with HM Revenue and Customs regulations.
The total cost of your order is the price of the items ordered plus postage and packing charges (as set out below in the "Delivery" section and confirmed in the invoice emailed to you).
The currency converter provided on the website is for information purposes only and is an approximation of the exchange rate on the day. Foreign banks will charge for converting GBP into the currency of the country where you are billed. The order is charged in GBP although the payment page will show prices in Euros/USD.
When you must pay and how you must pay
You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. As set out below, we will not charge your debit or credit card until we dispatch the products to you, unless you have purchase a special or bespoke/made to order product in which case we will charge upon acceptance of your order. Payment can be made using any of the following methods:
- Visa Debit
- Visa Electron MasterCard
- International Maestro
- American Express
All cardholders may be subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. We do not accept payment by cheque, cash or postal orders.
Processing is reserved against your card at the time the order is placed, but your card will not be charged until we confirm and dispatch your order, unless you have ordered a 'Made to Order' or bespoke product (as highlighted on each relevant product) in which case your payment will be processed upon confirmation of receiipt the order. If for some reason a purchase fails due to problems with payment details, we will attempt to contact you by phone or email within one working day. Once your order has left our warehouse we will send you an email to confirm that your order is on its way.
In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order, we are not required to sell the products to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of products shown on our website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the products that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the products, then you will receive a full refund.
- We will deliver the products to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days after the date on which we accept your order. However, if a product is no longer available or is out of stock, you will be contacted by phone or email as soon as possible and provided with a new estimated delivery date, if applicable. In such circumstances you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received (see below: "Your rights to end the contract").
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received (see below: "Your rights to end the contract").
- We accept no liability where you provide an incorrect delivery address or where you fail to collect the products from a delivery address which you specified.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot. If, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect products from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract with you.
- Products purchased by you will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the products to the delivery address you provide to us.
In most cases the charge for delivery of the product will be indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. For certain goods or destinations a customer service representative may be required to contact you to advise of the final delivery cost.
Postage and packing is based on 4 geographical areas: UK, European Union, USA and the rest of the world.
The charges are based on the value of the order. Some countries charge import duties and taxes. You are considered the importer of goods and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country of your order.
Charges are as follows:
USA & Canada
Rest of world
Official palace guidebooks, up to a maximum of 3 in a basket, are delivered to a UK address free of charge. If any other products, or additional guidebooks, are added to the basket, the delivery charges will apply as shown above.
Free UK Delivery Offer
Free UK standard shipping (usually £4.99) on your purchase of £50.00 or more. Offer ends 11:59 pm GMT on 30st November 2020. The offer is available on the cost of the entire order, not individual products. Only available at historicroyalpalaces.com online, excluding tax and gift wrap charges. Valid for standard shipping to addresses within the UK only. Free delivery offer does not apply to prior purchases, heavy or bulky goods subject to increased shipping rates or select items with surcharges. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. The Offer is only available to Mainland UK Postal Address and is not available on bespoke products.
*Exceptional delivery charges
We reserve the right to vary the standard shipping charges as shown in the grid above on certain items that are unusually high in weight, volume or value. If this occurs we will contact you to advise you of any additional charges that may apply prior to shipping. If you do not agree to any additional charge you may cancel the contract with us (please see below: "Your rights to end the contract").
When ordering products for delivery overseas, you will be subject to import duties and taxes that are levied once the package reaches its destination country.
If there are additional charges for customs clearance, these costs must be borne by you: we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what these may be.
Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Please note that when ordering from our on-line shop, you are considered the importer of goods and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country of your order. If a package is refused and has to be returned to us, you will be liable for the cost of this.
Generally, customs forms for internal packages will list the value of the contents of your order by product type.
Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. You should be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
We may provide certain information, such as the receiver's name, delivery address, product information, and value of the contents within an order, to our international carriers and such information may be communicated from the carriers to customs authorities in order to facilitate customs clearance and comply with local laws.
Your rights to end the contract
Ending the contract with us
- You can always end the contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see below: "If there is a problem with the product".
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see below: "Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do".
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see below: "Exercising your right to change your mind Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013". You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cancellation period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see below: "Ending the contract where you are not entirely satisfied with the products".
Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do
If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (i) to (v) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered, or if we have informed you that exceptional delivery charges may apply (see above: "Exceptional delivery charges") and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 14 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
Exercising your right to change your mind under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
- If you are a UK or EU customer you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any products at any time up to 28 days after the day on which you receive them and receive a refund.
- If your goods are split into several deliveries over different days you have until 28 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
Your right to cancel does not apply to: CDs and DVDs where the seal has been removed; products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these products are unsealed after you receive them, pierced earrings for reasons of hygiene, food items for possibility of tampering, and products that have been personalised.
Ending the contract where you are not entirely satisfied the products
In addition to your right to cancel set out above, if for any reason you are not entirely satisfied with any product purchased, you may return it to us (together with all original packing) within 28 days of receiving the product as long as the product and original packing are in a resaleable condition.
This right does not apply to: CDs and DVDs where the seal has been removed; products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these products are unsealed after you receive them; pierced earrings for reasons of hygiene; food items for possibility of tampering, and products that have been either made to order or personalised once your order has been sent for manufacture.
How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
If you wish to end the contract with us please do so as soon as possible. Please either:
- Print off the Cancellation Form and send this by post to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address; or
- Contact us at [email protected] quoting your order number and clearly stating your intention to cancel the order.
We will send you an acknowledgement of our receipt of such cancellation without delay.
If you cancel the contract for any reason after the products have been dispatched to you, or after you receive them, you must return them to us without undue delay by post to HRP Central Warehouse, Unit 2, Stafford Cross Industrial Estate, Stafford Road, Croydon, CRO 4TU, England. Please obtain a proof of posting note as we cannot be held responsible for any items not received by us. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must return the products to us within 28 days of you receiving the products. We do not expect perishable goods to be returned. In other, exceptional, cases we may waive the requirement for the products to be returned by notifying you of this in writing.
Cost of returning goods
We will pay the costs of return if the products are faulty or misdescribed, or if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances, including where you are exercising your right to change your mind, you must pay to return the products to us. This will be the only charge levied against you. All other monies will be returned to you including the initial cost of shipping products to you (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible (using the same means of payment as the used for the initial transaction) and in any event within 14 days after we have been informed of your decision to cancel or, if the products have already been dispatched to you, 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
If you exercise your right of cancellation after you have received the goods, you are obliged to take reasonable care of such goods prior to returning them. We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
Refunds will usually reach the account within 7-10 working days, but timings will depend on the speed with which your credit/debit card company processes the order.
If you wish to return an item which was given to you as a gift, please be aware that the money will be refunded to the original payment card.
If there is a problem with the product
If you have any questions or complaints about the product, for example if the products are damaged, faulty or not as described, please contact us using the details above.
How we may use your personal information
We are committed to the security of users' personal information (i.e. the details you provide on registration) and we have procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. We have measures in operation to safeguard our user database and access to this database is restricted internally.
In order to offer you the most efficient service, Sage Pay handles our credit card transactions. Your details are typed directly into their secure payment environment. They receive information needed to verify and authorise your credit card payment. This organisation is under a strict obligation to keep your personal information private. Sage Pay use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your data when payment is taken. Our order fulfilment is carried out internally.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are: as described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; supplied with reasonable skill and care and, where installed by us, correctly installed; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Other important terms
Nobody else has any rights under this contract
This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.
To: Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Limited, Apartment 28, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU, England Email: [email protected]
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract for the sale of the following goods [*]/for the supply of the following service [*]
Ordered on [*]/received on [*]
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumers(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate
Terms and conditions for online sales [HRP Enterprises Ltd only]
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
- If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and Conditions of Supply will apply to the sales.
Information about us
www.historicroyalpalaces.com is a site operated by Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 3418583 and our registered/trading address is Apartment 28, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey, KT8 9AU. Our VAT number is 710 9813 45.
We are a limited company.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected].
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it.
Those works are protected by copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights under English and international laws and are owned or controlled by us or the party credited as the provider of the material. All such rights are reserved.
You must abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any material accessed through our site.
You may download or copy extracts of any page(s) from our site for your personal use.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged. All copies must maintain copyright and other intellectual property notices contained in the original material.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The products, technologies or processes illustrated or described in this site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by us or by other third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights.
Images, trademarks and brands displayed on this site are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owner(s).
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Supply.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in these terms and conditions.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the site a limited license to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in these terms and conditions
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these terms and conditions.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected].
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.
Without limitation, "Historic Royal Palaces", "Tower of London", "Hampton Court Palace", "Kensington Palace", "Banqueting House", "Kew Palace", "Jewel House", "HILLSBOROUGH CASTLE", "Historic Royal Palaces Hillsborough Castle", "PERKIN REVELLER", and the Historic Royal Palaces logo are UK registered trade marks of Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Limited.
Website acceptable use policy
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way. • To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: o any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
To contact us, please email [email protected].
Thank you for visiting our site.